Both guests and registered users are welcome to post in this forum.
By Guest
Guest123 wrote:If everything I heard is 50% true good luck to his new team.

Apparently that's DDB.
By Guest
Heard today DB hasn't released him and have no intention of doing so unless the league allows them to play with a short roster.

Regardless of who's the "bad guy" in this I suspect he won't be seen until next year.
By RumourMill
Guest wrote:Heard today DB hasn't released him and have no intention of doing so unless the league allows them to play with a short roster.

Regardless of who's the "bad guy" in this I suspect he won't be seen until next year.

That is certainly part of the story; however, there is also the option of DB getting another player and not playing with a short bench.

In my opinion, it would be better to let the kid play and find a new team next year.
By RumourMill
Guest wrote:Heard today DB hasn't released him and have no intention of doing so unless the league allows them to play with a short roster.

Also wanted to add here, to your point about who the bad guy is. You're correct that it's too easy to point the finger.

In my experience, I have seen OL as a good coach and a good person. This tells me that if there's a chance at reconciliation he will try for the benefit of the kid, if nothing else.

At this age, hockey should be about finding the right compete level for your kid in order to maximize their development. In the NYHL there are barely enough games to have a significant impact on the development of your kids. Leadership skills (and every other type of skill) can be learned in practises and refined in games.
By 2008observer
So mht is jumping with some crazy talk about the kid that got cut from the Beavers...

I hear he's going to the DMF. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.
By guest
Kid hasn't played a single game, NYHL would not offer a release without a kangaroo -resolution-boxing match between the adult parties. Dad wanted no part... kid not playing but other kids lavishing. Who is Wrong? .... 8 year old kid or coaches? Spin in full effect between adults involved, minor hockey talk providing great censorship..... league.... etc way to go.
Three teams wanting the kid and league providing ultimatum resolution or no season.
Way to go.
By Guest
Inclusive of the child be humiliated and slashed across his neck leaving bruises by another kid. Kid was offered JRC, dad and kid clearly turned it down prior to the events. Didn't like what he saw leading to the "events". Dad went as far as offering an informal sit down with league and boy so he could play elsewhere ...... no response.
Kid is highly talented and has continuous problems with daddy coaches..... hmmmm....who is really in the wrong here? Shame on those involved, Anyone who has seen this kid go knows . Good luck to JRC if they know anything of Karma.
By Guest
To rid hockey of the problem would require a mandate to NOT allow parents the coaching right without signing, like parents do, a
Contract that STIPULATES all kids should be treated fairly.
Problem would be solved overnight. How this continues amazes me but then again most parents will stop anyone who gets in the way of their kids and the "parents" dreams. Shame on those.
By Guest
How can someone be bad when they are "8 years old". Yes, blame it on the daddy once more,
It's an old one.
By 2008observer
Guest wrote:How can someone be bad when they are "8 years old". Yes, blame it on the daddy once more,
It's an old one.

At that age, all kids want to be the best they can be. They want to have fun and be the best.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...