Both guests and registered users are welcome to post in this forum.
By pjs
I heard someone talking about how a skating treadmill was used to improve their son's skating.

Do they actually work? Is the goal to work on form or to develop endurance?
By Guest
pjs wrote:I heard someone talking about how a skating treadmill was used to improve their son's skating.

I would say that any treadmill develops a kid's endurance. There's no need to go on a treadmill with your skates though.
By Guest
pjs wrote:I heard someone talking about how a skating treadmill was used to improve their son's skating.

It's baloney and not worth the dough.
By GTHL25
Definitely gives endurance, however, the real benefit is the improvement in the stride. While on the ice you get away with improper form, on the treadmill, instant feedback as you get your legs pulled out from you if you aren't using proper technique. Have found it a great tool to teach a better stride and has shown great improvement. Probably get the most value in the beginning.
By Guest
It does not improve form at all!!! The machine pulls your legs backwards and does not require any human effort to to move. When your body is being moved by an external impetus the muscles that normally would be recruited to move forward are not being used properly. Treadmills are a hoax and will literally ruin the stride of a skater.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...